Home renovations and repairs can be costly, so make sure you hire a reputable contractor to complete the work. Below are six qualities of a great handyman.
- Skilled – This is the most important characteristic of a handyman. Only professionals who are skilled and knowledgeable in various home improvement and maintenance services should be hired. Choose a handyman with extensive knowledge and experience.
- Certified – Hiring a certified handyman ensures quality workmanship and excellent customer service. Certifications demonstrate that they are knowledgeable, skilled, and professional.
- Insured – Always verify that a handyman is both licensed and insured. Workers are protected by insurance if an accident occurs in your home. It also guards against accidental damage during renovations or repairs.
- Doesn’t Ask You to Pay Upfront – You may want not want to seal an agreement with a contractor who asks for the entire payment in advance. In the event of a problem, advance payments put you at danger of being left with only half of the project completed. Remember that trustworthy businesses do not require a full upfront payment.
- Dependable – Employ a handyman you can entrust your home to. A good handyman fulfils all deadlines, listens to your needs, recommends better solutions, and is respectful and friendly. A company’s work ethic speaks a lot about it.
- Truthful – Handymen specialize in a variety of areas, but not all offer the same level of experience or services. The law essentially forbids handymen from installing major plumbing or electrical wiring. A qualified handyman will refer another professional who is knowledgeable in the areas that they do not handle.